Buying eco-friendly items isn’t something everyone thinks about when it comes to buying gifts for Mother’s Day. Fortunately, purchasing sustainably sourced, eco-friendly gifts is becoming much easier today because companies are starting to understand the importance of our environment. Consumers are changing their buying habits to reflect their own personal values. With Mother’s Day around the corner, it’s a great time to think about gifts that are not only cute and practical but also good for the planet. This year, help mom reduce her carbon footprint with these 5 fun and eco-friendly gift ideas.
- Yoga mat made from recycled materials: If your mom is looking to change up her exercise routine this spring, give her a quality yoga mat that is not only made of recycled materials, but will also be recyclable at the end of its lifespan. Check out the many companies that sell sustainable yoga mats and be sure to stay away from those that contain PVC, EVA or other synthetic rubber.
- Metal straws with cleaning brushes to wash them: Whether your mom is a coffee or tea drinker, you can’t go wrong with buying her reusable metal straws. Instead of using plastic straws that end up in the trash and won’t go away for 200 years, give your mom stainless steel straws that won’t rust, crack or become scratched. Be sure to include cleaning brushes to help your mom avoid another load in the dishwashing machine.
- Eco-friendly bath products: Give your mom the gift of TLC this year with freshly made vegan, cruelty-free bath products that are just as fun as they are eco-friendly. Beauty and bath stores offer a wide variety of bath bombs and lotions that are natural ingredients and don’t include preservatives or chemicals.
- Spring bulbs: There are several varieties of bulbs that can be planted during the spring, which will then bloom in the summer. Give your mom some of these bulbs to plant and you will not only make your mom’s yard look amazing, but you can help attract bumblebees, butterflies, and hummingbirds.
- Vintage jewelry: New isn’t always better! Pieces that have been previously owned might have a special history and are one-of-a-kind (just like your mother). Visit your local antique shop or check out online stores such as Etsy, which has a great variety of beautiful, and pre-owned items your mom will love.
This Mother’s Day, choose a gift for your mom that is not only thoughtful and special, but also sustainable and good for our environment. While out and about finding the perfect Mother’s Day gift, you can make a positive impact too! Stop by a 7-Eleven Renew location and fill up to reduce your emissions by up to 30%! Celebrate your love for your mom as well as our planet!